Important updates from the BLA
BLA Closing event for 2020
The BLA Directors regret to announce that the Closing event, which is normally held at Camp Ponacka on the Labour Day weekend, is cancelled for this year due to COVID-19. We hope to resume normal activities and events next year.
2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Baptiste Lake Association will hold a limited AGM on August 27 at 10:00 AM at St Mathews Church in Baptiste Village to meet the minimum legal obligations of our organization to accomplish the following:
1. Approve the Minutes of our 2019 AGM posted on the BLA website on the Meetings page
2. President’s report
3. Receive and approve our Financial Statements for the fiscal year ending 2020/03/31
4. A resolution to exempt the BLA from a requirement for audited financial statements
5. The election of the directors.
Hard copies of each of these documents are available by mail upon request and at the meeting.
A copy of the agenda for the upcomming AGM meeting is available on the Meetings page.
In order to attend the meeting you must be a paid up member of the BLA. Instructons for renewing your membership, if it has expired, are located on the Membership page.
Attendance in person by BLA members will be limited in accordance with COVID19 best practices. Masks must be worn. Weather permitting, the meeting will be held outdoors on the church grounds. Members are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs. BLA Members are not encouraged to attend this meeting in these unique times. Your board will ensure that sufficient members are present to meet the quorum requirement.
If you plan to attend, please advise the board in advance by emailing the BLA.
No matters of policy or planning will be addressed. Our limited purpose is to achieve the five legal requirements for 2020 without risking the health of anyone.
Any person having policy or planning or other issues at any time in 2020/21 is invited and encouraged to contact any member of the board and we will attempt to address same by electronic, email or telephone meeting.
The Spring Newsletters were mailed on June 9 to current and recent BLA members. The newsletter has also been posted on the web site and can be accessed from any BLA website page via menu items ‘The BLA’ --> ‘Newsletters’ or by clicking 2020 Spring Newsletter.
The renewal date for your membership is printed on the envelope containing your mailed newsletter. Since the Opening Event was cancelled due to COVID-19 and a lot of you normally renew your membership at this event, we ask those with expired memberships to renew using one of the methods outlined on the Membership page. Thanks in advance.
Please send info
If you are a BLA member or a recent BLA member (within the last 2 years) and did not receive a email regarding the release of the Spring Newsletter, then we do not have your current email address. Please provide this information to the BLA. Please see the article on page 23 of the Newsletter for the benefits of doing this.
Baptiste Lake Association Mission StatementThe Baptiste Lake Association is a voluntary group of members committed to representing the interests of the residents of the Baptiste Lake area. The Association works closely with residents as well as all levels of government to conserve and enhance the environment of the lake and its surrounding area. The initial association was founded in 1949.
The Mission is to be achieved through the observance of the following goals and objectives:
- To monitor water levels and quality on an ongoing basis.
- To actively promote land use planning policies and programs for the lake which have a long range vision, and help retain the character of the lake.
- To promote water and boating safety.
- To inform lake residents about official plans, by-laws and building codes affecting their property.
- To inform lake residents about government action which affects them.
- To educate lake residents and others about the environmental impact of their actions.
- To maintain membership in FOCA, BACA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to the cause of conservation.
- To promote a sense of community among the lake residents through the support of social events.
- To promote fire safety and prevention.
- To promote, maintain and support links with the surrounding community.
For general inquiries or to find out how you can volunteer to help the BLA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how you can help the BLA by becoming a BLA Member or by donating funds, please see our BLA Membership page.