Recent and upcoming events.
The BLA annual corn roast was held at Camp Ponacka on Sunday, September 1st. There was a great turnout and everyone had a good time with lots to eat and drink. Thanks to all who participated. Pictures are available on the Photos page.
The next BLA event will be the opening in May 2020. More information will be available closer to the date. In the mean time, information on local news items can be found on the News page and information on community events can be found on the Community Events page.
North Hastings Community Fish HatcheryThis message from Ian Hendry at the North Hastings Community Fish Hatchery.
This year we are facing a challenge at the North Hastings Community Fish Hatchery, with egg collection. This was previously provided by the MNRF, but starting this fall, with their training and equipment, it will transition to us over a two year period.
Please reach out to your BLA members as we are looking for new volunteers. We meet every Tuesday morning at 9:00 for a couple of hours to clean, feed and conduct inventories ( and share stories ) at 140 Hysert Rd.
Baptiste Lake Association Mission StatementThe Baptiste Lake Association is a voluntary group of members committed to representing the interests of the residents of the Baptiste Lake area. The Association works closely with residents as well as all levels of government to conserve and enhance the environment of the lake and its surrounding area. The initial association was founded in 1949.
The Mission is to be achieved through the observance of the following goals and objectives:
- To monitor water levels and quality on an ongoing basis.
- To actively promote land use planning policies and programs for the lake which have a long range vision, and help retain the character of the lake.
- To promote water and boating safety.
- To inform lake residents about official plans, by-laws and building codes affecting their property.
- To inform lake residents about government action which affects them.
- To educate lake residents and others about the environmental impact of their actions.
- To maintain membership in FOCA, BACA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to the cause of conservation.
- To promote a sense of community among the lake residents through the support of social events.
- To promote fire safety and prevention.
- To promote, maintain and support links with the surrounding community.
For general inquiries or to find out how you can volunteer to help the BLA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how you can help the BLA by becoming a BLA Member or by donating funds, please see our BLA Membership page.