Recent and upcoming events.
The Nature Day event was held on Saturday, July 20, and by all accounts it was a great success. About 20 people kayaked or canoed from Sunrise Cove to past Paradise Landing Boat Launch and back. A BBQ followed at Sunrise Cove and was enjoyed by all. You can see some photos from the event on the Photos page.
The next event is the Annual General Meeting on Saturday, August 10 at Birch Cliff Lodge from 10 am to 12 noon. The agenda is available on the website on the Meetings page and on the BLA Events page. Please note that regarding Motions from the Floor (item 11), the Directors request that they be presented to the Directors a week before the AGM.
Following that, we have the Baptiste Lake Golf Day on Sunday, August 18th from 10 am at Bancroft Ridge Golf course.
More information on these events can be found on the BLA Events page.
Baptiste Lake Association Mission StatementThe Baptiste Lake Association is a voluntary group of members committed to representing the interests of the residents of the Baptiste Lake area. The Association works closely with residents as well as all levels of government to conserve and enhance the environment of the lake and its surrounding area. The initial association was founded in 1949.
The Mission is to be achieved through the observance of the following goals and objectives:
- To monitor water levels and quality on an ongoing basis.
- To actively promote land use planning policies and programs for the lake which have a long range vision, and help retain the character of the lake.
- To promote water and boating safety.
- To inform lake residents about official plans, by-laws and building codes affecting their property.
- To inform lake residents about government action which affects them.
- To educate lake residents and others about the environmental impact of their actions.
- To maintain membership in FOCA, BACA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to the cause of conservation.
- To promote a sense of community among the lake residents through the support of social events.
- To promote fire safety and prevention.
- To promote, maintain and support links with the surrounding community.
For general inquiries or to find out how you can volunteer to help the BLA, please contact email@example.com. For more information on how you can help the BLA by becoming a BLA Member or by donating funds, please see our BLA Membership page.