Baptiste Lake Association Mission StatementThe Baptiste Lake Association is a voluntary group of members committed to representing the interests of the residents of the Baptiste Lake area. The Association works closely with residents as well as all levels of government to conserve and enhance the environment of the lake and its surrounding area. The initial association was founded in 1949....
The Mission is to be achieved through the observance of the following goals and objectives:
- To monitor water levels and quality on an ongoing basis.
- To actively promote land use planning policies and programs for the lake which have a long range vision, and help retain the character of the lake.
- To promote water and boating safety.
- To inform lake residents about official plans, by-laws and building codes affecting their property.
- To inform lake residents about government action which affects them.
- To educate lake residents and others about the environmental impact of their actions.
- To maintain membership in FOCA, BACA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to the cause of conservation.
- To promote a sense of community among the lake residents through the support of social events.
- To promote fire safety and prevention.
- To promote, maintain and support links with the surrounding community.
For general inquiries or to find out how you can volunteer to help the BLA, please contact MyBaptisteLake@gmail.com. For more information on how you can help the BLA by becoming a BLA Member or by donating funds, please see our BLA Membership page.
Important announcements from the BLA
HH Public Library Fall NewsletterLooking for things to do in Hastings Highlands this fall. Check out the HH Public Library Fall Newsletter for some suggestions.
Curling in BancroftSpending your first or second winter at the lake and looking for something to do this winter? Why not try curling? The Bancroft Curling Club has openings for new members. If interested, please contact the Curling Club Website or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-332-3767.
Pike Fishing TournamentThe results of the fishing derby are in!
Honorable mention goes to Paul Coleman's grandson's Cooper and Deklan who brought in a 35 1/4" pike but were late to the post... definitely the biggest coming in at 2 inches larger than the previous first place fish!
For more photos and videos, see our facebook page.
Pike Tournament Winners.pdf