Baptiste Lake Association Mission StatementThe Baptiste Lake Association is a voluntary group of members committed to representing the interests of the residents of the Baptiste Lake area. The Association works closely with residents as well as all levels of government to conserve and enhance the environment of the lake and its surrounding area. The initial association was founded in 1949....
The Mission is to be achieved through the observance of the following goals and objectives:
- To monitor water levels and quality on an ongoing basis.
- To actively promote land use planning policies and programs for the lake which have a long range vision, and help retain the character of the lake.
- To promote water and boating safety.
- To inform lake residents about official plans, by-laws and building codes affecting their property.
- To inform lake residents about government action which affects them.
- To educate lake residents and others about the environmental impact of their actions.
- To maintain membership in FOCA, BACA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to the cause of conservation.
- To promote a sense of community among the lake residents through the support of social events.
- To promote fire safety and prevention.
- To promote, maintain and support links with the surrounding community.
For general inquiries or to find out how you can volunteer to help the BLA, please contact MyBaptisteLake@gmail.com. For more information on how you can help the BLA by becoming a BLA Member or by donating funds, please see our BLA Membership page.
Important announcements from the BLA
Pike Fishing TournamentThe results of the fishing derby are in!
Honorable mention goes to Paul Coleman's grandson's Cooper and Deklan who brought in a 35 1/4" pike but were late to the post... definitely the biggest coming in at 2 inches larger than the previous first place fish!
For more photos and videos, see our facebook page.
Pike Tournament Winners.pdf
AGM minutesThe AGM minutes are posted on the Meetings page.
AGMThe AGM was held outside St. Mathews Church on Saturday August 14. A small number of people were in attendance but with the proxies submitted, there was a quorum. The necessary business on the agenda was accomplished. The actual minutes of the meeting are posted on the Meetings page. Three current Board members (Wally McColl, Diann Kuder and Jacques Drouin) resigned, and we welcomed two new Directors, Diane Jared and Jill Button. The meeting participants expressed their appreciation for Wally’s many years on the board and his two-year stint as President.